Health Care or Disease Care: Which Would You Choose? 5 Questions to Ask Yourself and Why. I liked this article from Dr. Jeffrey Bland, President of the Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Institute. Here at 3rd Opinion, we treat patients, not diseases. As you know, most patients have been trained to think that diagnosis is the most important thing. It is health we are after.
(From the article - link below) To determine if your doctor is focused on health care or disease care, here are five questions you need to ask yourself:
- Does your doctor discuss your diet, activity patterns, work place environment, and stress patterns with you?
- Does your doctor do a comprehensive health history including all of your signs and symptoms?
- Does your doctor ask you whether your overall health has changed over the past year?
- Does your doctor discuss connections with you about how your various signs and symptoms might relate to a specific cause?
- Does your doctor discuss a personalized lifestyle medicine program for you?
Read this article to ask yourself some important questions before deciding - is Health Care or Disease Care right for you? Feel free to contact us at 3rd Opinion (320) 347-1212 for more information or to schedule your consultation with me, Dr. Sult.
(Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-bland/health-care-or-disease-ca_1_b_5504869.html, Posted 6/18/14)